May 11, 2014

Kanye West (for example), Thoughts on Modern-day Celebrity


I. "Money is numbers and numbers never end.
If it takes money to be happy,
your search for happiness will never end." ...  
Bob Marley.

II. "I made it over NBA, NFL players
So every time I score it’s like the Super Bowl.
Baby, we should hit the south of France
So you could run around without them pants.
I put that glacier on your little hand
Now that’s the only thing without a tan.
My trophy on that Bound bike, I gave you only pipe.
If people don’t hate then it won’t be right.
You could look at Kylie, Kendall, Kourtney and Khloe,
All your Mama ever made was trophies, right?" ...
Kanye West.

III. Kanye West (for example) must have thought:
People will like me and think I'm somebody if I get a lot of money
and lots of stuff and a whole lot of fame;
and hang out with other famous, pretty people
who invite me to their parties and weddings;
and if I flaunt it all ...
my stuff and my things and my friends,
and tell people how it's too bad
they can't be me. 

That, instead of: 
I could have a good, rich, intensely colorful life
if I am kind and conscientious;
if I listen to people, and laugh with them,
if I help them and share with them.
If I am not ... 
an all-day jerk.


Part II from “I Won,” words by Future, performed by Future and Kanye West
Post a Comment